Your Privacy Matters to Us
Grounds for Our Data Collection
Processing of your Personal Information (meaning, any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means; hereinafter " Personal Information ") is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
What Kinds of Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users:
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“ Non-personal Information ”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include:
- Your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site.
- Information about your activity on the Site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.), to help us better understand how the site is being used and how we can improve your online experience.
The second type of information is Personal Information which is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Such Personal Information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
- Registration information: When you register to our Site you will be asked to provide us with certain contact details such as: full name; e-mail or phone number, and other information.
- Transaction information: This may include your name, address, telephone numbers, marital status, employment information, income information, assets and credit references.
- Comments to Our Blog Posts: When you post a comment to our blog, we collect your comment, name, and email address.
- Additional information about you: We may request and collect information about the home you are purchasing, including the community, mailing address, and anticipated closing date.
How Do We Receive Personal Information About You?
We receive your Personal Information from various sources, such as the following:
- When you voluntarily provide us with your personal details in order to register on our Site;
- Applications, forms, and other information that you provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by any other means. This may include the Washington State Purchase and Sale Agreement and accompanying addenda, and the Urban NW Homes construction contract;
- From third party providers, services and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors or listing syndication sites);
- Consumer reporting agencies. This information may include your credit bureau reports and other information relating to your creditworthiness and credit history;
- Public sources. This information may include real estate records and telephone numbers; and
- Online. This information is automatically gathered through the use of "cookies" or other tracking mechanisms (see further discussion below).
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- To communicate with you, such as sending notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site (see more under "Advertisements");
- To market our websites and products (see more under "Marketing");
- To conduct statistical, diagnostic and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site and services.
- To combine this information with other information about you to supplement your user profile and to better provide you with services and use of our Site;
- Hosting and operating our Site;
- Providing you with our services;
- Providing you with information on products and services requested from such third parties;
- Storing and processing such Personal Information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us retarget any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site and services; and
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics.
- Providing financial services, such as mortgage bankers and insurance agents
We may also disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
Your User Rights to Control Communications
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party so they can market their products or services to you, you may choose to opt-out. For online and electronic communications, we will provide you with an “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” mechanism that will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such further communications, and if you “opt-out” we will not send you any. Your choice will apply until you tell us to change it.
You may also contact us to opt-out through the below methods:
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assign to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
a. 'session cookies' which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
b. 'persistent cookies ' which are read only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
c. 'third party cookies' which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Third party collection of information
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
Transfer of Data Outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
The State of California enacted the Shine the Light law (CA Civil Code Sec 198.83) that permits Urban NW Homes customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information during the past year for marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use third-party ad servers (or ad networks) to deliver ads to you on our behalf. These third-party ad servers may collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g. IP addresses, cookie identifiers, website activity) about your visits to our site in order to present advertisements that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt out of having this information used by third-party ad servers to provide targeted ads, please visit networkadvertising.org/choices.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services, which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy, we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorization by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
Urban NW Homes
1004 W. 13th St.
Vancouver, WA 98660
Last Modified: 12/18/19